Generally speaking, a vehicle’s side window is made of tempered glass. When it breaks, it shatters completely and may or may not fall completely from the window opening. It’s important to have your side window replaced promptly in order to protect the vehicle from the weather and for security.
If your side window has cracked without shattering you most likely have what the industry calls “acoustic” glass. Found on some higher-end vehicles, laminated glass is meant to further deaden sound for a quieter interior. We can replace this type of glass too.
- Inspect to determine the reason for the glass failure and advise you of any findings
- Remove the door panel to access the operating mechanism and inspect
- Vacuum all broken glass from inside the door and inside the vehicle’s interior
- Install a new side window properly
- Test the window operation. Lubricate and adjust, if necessary
- Replace the door panel
- Clean the glass thoroughly
The average side / door glass replacement typically takes less than one hour and can be done at our East Tamaki workshop or via convenient mobile service to your home or office.
For more information on how we can help replace your side / door glass, call us on 0800 224 463 during regular business hours to speak to one of our friendly, highly-trained professionals. For a free no-obligation quote, please fill out our online quote form.